How to Screenshot on Android
Trending News | Android Apps | Tech Gadgets | How to | Shop
Taking a screenshot on an Android device is a simple and convenient way to capture whatever is currently being displayed on your phone or tablet’s screen. With a screenshot, you can share the exact image of what you are viewing with friends, family, or colleagues. To learn how to take screenshots on Android devices, follow these steps:
1. Locate the Volume Down and Power buttons on your device. Depending on the model of your device, you may need to press and hold both buttons simultaneously for up to two seconds. Some devices require only pressing one button after the other in quick succession.
2. Hear a sound like a camera clicking and/or see a confirmation message appear at the top of your screen indicating that the screenshot was taken successfully. You will also likely see a preview of your screenshot appear momentarily on your screen before it disappears again.
3. For further confirmation, check the notification panel by swiping down from the top of your tablet or phone’s home screen. In this panel, there should be an image thumbnail visible which will indicate that you have taken a successful screenshot. Tap this image thumbnail to open its folder in order to view it or manage how it is stored (i.e., delete it).
4. If you would like to save your screenshots directly onto Google Photos, be sure to download this application first and turn on “Backup & sync” in its settings once installed (and logged into). That way all future screenshots that you take will always be securely backed up in Google Photos automatically as soon as they are taken!
5. Alternatively, if you do not want to use Google Photos for automatic backups, then all screenshots will be saved directly onto a designated album within your default photo gallery app instead (usually called “Screenshots”). From here you can easily share them via email, text messaging, social media networks or other cloud storage applications depending on how you wish to store them for later access or retrieval when needed!